Academy Meals here at 'The Hungry Hub'
We encourage all children to have a healthy and nutritional meal at lunchtime and a snack during morning break.
Research shows that children who have a nutritionally balanced meal (rather than one that has too much sugar and fat) are better able to concentrate in lessons. All meals prepared at a maintained school must comply with the government Standards for school food in England.
We also encourage children to keep hydrated during the school day, preferably with water or other drinks without additives or added sugar. We do have water bottles available for you to purchase from our Main Office should you wish to do so.
Free school meals
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals. However, parents and guardians are encouraged to apply for free school meals when they enrol their child in school, as this can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to support learning.
From year 3 onwards, children whose parents are in receipt of the following are entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
For details of how to apply you may go to the Cornwall Council website.https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/schoolmeals
or alternatively download and complete the application form below and post directly to:
School Meals Team,
Truro, TR1 3AY